Monday, May 30, 2011

My Review of Ground Elk

Originally submitted at Northstar Bison

92-94% lean ground elk.  Very versatile for burgers, meatloaf, casseroles, tar-tar, tacos,  and your favorite soups and stew. 
Check out our


Mouth Watering

By GiGi!!! from Los Angeles, CA on 5/30/2011

 

5out of 5

Pros: Easy To Prepare, Flavorful, High Quality, Juicy, Tender, All Natural, Scrumptious

Cons: Addictive

Best Uses: BBQ, When Hungry, Anytime

Describe Yourself: HUGE Carnivore, Health Conscious, Foodie, Simple Tastes

Absolutely out of this world. If there was EA (Elks Anonymous) I do believe I would be the president! This meat has a distinct taste that's vastly different from the scrumptious Bison also offered at North Star Bison. It's a bit fattier (which I happen to love) but of course, only full of good for you fats!

I would certainly recommend this meat to anyone and everyone who wants to expand their pallets.

I simply make burgers and sear them... or grill them but keep them rare in the middle - because the one thing you don't want to do is over cook this meat. Because it's so lean, it might become a bit rubbery.

(legalese)

No comments:

Post a Comment