Friday, August 28, 2009

Looking Into The Future

So it's Friday - Party!!! Oh yea, that's me for sure... Any ways - not to bum anyone out but I am already thinking about Monday because... Monday is the first day I start my new job (well, it's actually an internship but still - I want it to progress into a job someday so I must treat it that way). I will be interning at ABC (yes the TV station).


I thought I might talk about what to wear when you're on the job. While I know all jobs require different things, generally no one can walk into work wearing PJ bottoms and a see-through night shirt (which is honestly TOO BAD because that is the bulk of the contents in my closet!)... Since my closet consists of mainly these things, I had to ram shack my mother's closet to find some professional gear (and don't worry my mother has good taste, I am NOT going to be wearing anything from back in the 70s or 80s that have shoulder pads and checkers!).


So ladies... if you're struggling to figure out what to wear in a professional setting... here is what I have come up with:


1. Blazers... back in the day everyone cringed at the word blazer but honestly, these days there have been VAST improvements and a lot of blazers are quite cute (that is if you get them fitted properly)...
*Some brand names I have in my closet: Tahari, Barneys, Theory, Gianfranco Ferre


2. Unripped, Neat Pants... so here is where I will be cheating a bit but honestly I think I may be able to get away with it because these pants are very good quality with no rips, tears, etc... I will be wearing yoga pants. I know what you're thinking but if you check out HARD TAIL or SO LOW brand yoga pants you might see that I am not completely off my rocker - these pants are legit and since the blazers I will be wearing cover the waist region, the fold-over probably will not be seen.
*Some brands I have in my closet: Hard Tail, So Low, Feathers, Juicy Couture


3. High Heeled Sneakers... who am I kidding, I can't go on shoot location, fetch coffee at the speed of light or even climb stairs in high heels that have no back strap and since it is turning fall... soon to be winter, I need some close toe action. Whoever invented high heeled sneakers is a pure genius! I could run a marathon in these sucks PLUS they give me 3 to 5 more inches on my midget height and are comfortable so I don't have to worry about blisters while interviewing the star of the Broncos.
*Some brands I have in my closet: Steve Madden, MIA, Guess, Nanette Lapore, Michael Kors


4. Flowy and Neat Tube Tops... once again I know what you're thinking, but in a cold studio like ABC (the equipment needs a cold environment to work at their peak)... I definitely WON'T be taking off my blazer, in fact I will probably be putting another one on! So in my eyes, I believe that wearing a little shirt that doesn't overpower the beautiful blazer you will be donning is a fashion DO... although really who am I... I went to class today in soffe shorts, an over sized Jackson Hole fleece sweater and a t-shirt that was a bit too long for my short torso...
*Some brands I have in my closet: Victoria Secret


5. Purse... what woman doesn't own one of these magical bags... the things we can tuck away in these bad boys is awesome! Personally I get tote bags large enough so that I can put a water bottle, a tupperwear container (lunch - must take that with me), 6 packs of gum (yea, excessive but true), my wallet, keys, cell phone, really pretty much the entire contents of my apartment goes in there - I am sure when people see my bulging bag they wonder if a small puppy will pop out... if only, I would love a mini doberman pinscher!
*Some brands I have in my closet: Coach, Balenciaga, Chloe




~So yea, that's my list in a nutshell... anyone have anything I forgot - Feel free to let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment