Friday, June 4, 2010

So I gotta ask...





So almost on a daily basis I consume the ingredient glycerin... but really have NO CLUE whether or not it's bad for my health (which is weird for me because I know everything and anything about health, nutrition, fitness, etc)...


I have tried to look this ingredient up all over... I mean Dr. Google and RN Yahoo, why in the world have you not given me answers! I understand we are under Obama Care now which means longer waiting... but common, I want to know what the deal is!


So does anyone else have a clue as to what it might be?






This is what I have so far:


Glycerin is an odorless, colorless liquid that can be used for many functions. It comes from vegetable apparently and it is "100 %" safe...


Now do I believe this 100% safe claim? I mean the FDA believes Aspartame is safe but I have read otherwise (although, I won't lie to you, I do chew a far amount of sugar-free gum, whoops! Oh the little vices in life).


But wait a minute, now I am reading that glycerin comes from the soap making process. That's gross, I don't think ingesting soap is all that healthy now is it!?


Oh geeze, look at what else I found...


Glycerin =

1. A Love Potion
2. Paint Brush Cleaner
3. Highly Explosive
4. Heart Disease Drug
5. Safe Sweetener: Glycerin is an alcohol (glycerol) and is used as a preservative in the food industry, as well as a sweetener: it is very sweet, yet it contains no sugar.
6. Health Supplement
7. Plant Preserver
8. Photocopier?!?!?!
9. Moisturizer


GAH!!! So many uses, not sure what to believe... but I think I will go with number 1, 4, 5 and 6! And since I just found out that it's just so healthy... I'm going to go ingest some now! Ha Ha! Wish me luck though because who knows... number 3 might happen!


FYI: I used flavor concentrates, one of the many places glycerin is found.


No comments:

Post a Comment