Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Slim Out without Slimming Out
Healthy Inexpensive Foods... Have you been saving your Gs?!
1. Frozen Vegetables (10 to 30 cents per ounce) & Frozen Fruit (10 to 50 cents per ounce)
2. Fresh Bagged Spinach (66 cents for 4 cups)
3. Canned Vegetables (28 cents per serving)
4. Canned Tuna (20 cents per ounce) & Salmon (23 cents per ounce)
5. Eggs (12 cents each)
6. Nulaidreddi Eggs (25 cents per serving)
7. Old Fashion Oats (6 cents per ounce)
8. Frozen Whiting Fillet (28 cents per ounce) & Catfish (25 cents per ounce)
9. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Generic @ 29 cents per ounce)
10. Butterball Frozen Boneless Turkey (23 cents per ounce)
11. Whole Fryer Chicken (Generic @ 99 cents per pound)
What other inexpensive yet healthy foods have you been able to find! I know I am missing a whole bunch - but with this semester over just around the corner, I can hardly concentrate!! ha ha.
**Prices vary from store to store but are generally around this much... these prices are for Albertsons Supermarkets**