Around this time of year people start getting stressed out because the holidays are around the corner and depressed because day light savings make the sun set earlier... and oh right: the weather pretty much "always" stinks and it's cold!
Well I just came across a list of some of the happiest foods in the world... and if you eat happy foods, you become happy because after all, you are what you eat, RIGHT?!
Ready... Set... Happy Foods!
(And yes the rainbow is completely necessary! ha ha)
- Salmon, Sardines, Mackerel, Tuna, Sable Fish(Black Cod), Anchovies & Eel
(AKA: Fatty-Fish or Free Ranged Red Meat full of omega-3 fatty acids & Vitamin D!)
- Spinach, Romaine, Kale, Arugula, Swiss Chard & Mustard Greens
(AKA: Leafy Green Vegetables)
- Flaxseeds, Hempseeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seeds & Sesame Seeds
(AKA: High in Healthy Fat Seeds)
- Omega-3 &/or Vitamin D Enriched Foods
(AKA: Eggs & Mushrooms)
- Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Broccoli, Asparagus & Artichokes
(AKA: Foods with Folic Acid & Soluble Fiber - to keep things regular... and we all know how happy we can be when we are! ha ha)