Sunday, November 15, 2009
Jaw Dropping Benefits!
It's odd for me to not have a piece of gum in my mouth... or a pack (or 5) in my purse on any given day... I won't lie to you: I am Wrigley's FAVORITE CUSTOMER (if only they knew I existed)... because I chew upwards of 5 packs of gum a day! YES FIVE!!! (At least it's sugar free right?!)
So in order to make myself feel better about this habit... I need to remind myself of the benefits of chewing gum... And to all you out there who chew a lot too... Don't feel so badly!
- Chewing burns 11 calories an hour (and sugar free gum, one piece, has less than 5 calories!)
- Many athletes & coaches chew gum to "stay in the game"
- Some schools have encouraged students to chew gum to increase mental focus (alertness & concentration)
- Stress reliever & Frustration tamer
- Relieves boredom
- Improves ability to learn, retain & retrieve information
- Increases blood flow to the brain
- Reduces plaque, cavities & stains (sugarless)
- Remineralizes enamel to strengthen teeth (sugarless)
- Good way to tell yourself the MEAL is over
So there you have it! Currently I am chewing ORBIT SPEARMINT... what are you chewing?