Saturday, June 27, 2009

Yawn!




You know what... I'm tired. I need to pep myself up... Luckily I have a couple of techniques on how to do exactly that. If any of you are feeling lethargic, just try a couple of these tricks!


1. Splash cold water over your face and sip ice cold water



2. Take a Walk, Jump on the Treadmill (if it's too hot outside), Go Swimming, Bike, Really do Anything Active to Get Your Blood Flowing!



3. Bust Out a Comedy or Hang Out With a Funny Friend - Getting a Good Laugh Totally Peps Me Up!


4. Perhaps You Should Eat Something - Sometimes When All Else Fails I Know it's Because I'm Hungry! Be Sure to Make Your Meal a Nice Balance of Protein to Carbohydrates to Fats (ex: hard boiled egg with sauteed spinach in olive oil sprinkled with flax seeds)



5. Do Some Stretching! No One Stretches Enough (including myself!)


6. Take Some Vitamin C - or Eat it For That Matter (Bell Peppers, Kiwis, Lemons, etc)



7. Be Sure to Consume Enough Vitamin B (Chicken, Trout, Spinach, Tomatoes, Oatmeal, Tuna, Salmon, Avocado, etc)


8. Turn On Some Music (I can almost guarantee eventually you will want to get up and dance!)




9. Try to Chill Out (Cut the stress!)



10. Um, Have Sex?!?! (Who doesn't get more energy from doing this?)



11. Don't Load Up on The Beers & Hard Alcohol (1 to 2 drinks is FINE)



12. Call A Friend or Invite One Over
13. And H
ow About You Just Take a Nap! (Getting just 10 to 30 minutes really peps me up - any longer and I feel rather groggy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment